Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow: Celtic humiliate rivals Rangers – Rangers 1-5 Celtic
- Scott Sinclair scores the first from the penalty spot after a wild foul on Patrick Roberts by defender Myles Beerman
- Leigh Griffiths adds second with superb power strike that the Rangers keeper Foderingham couldn’t hold
- Midfielder Calum McGregor adds 3rd goal early in second half
- Dedryck Boyata heads in fourth goal through Wes Foderingham’s legs
- Kenny Miller gets a “consolation” goal for Rangers
- Swedish international full-back Mikael Lustig hammers home fifth goal
Celtic also missed a number of sitters and took the foot off the pedal at times. The score could have easily been 9-1 in Celtic’s favour, if Celtic were not so wasteful of all the chances that fell their way.
Man of the Match: Kieran Tierney
Celtic’s Biggest Win Ever at Ibrox over Rangers
The 5-1 win was Celtic’s biggest victory at Ibrox. Not since the early decades of football in the Victorian era, on September 27, 1897, when Celtic defeated Rangers 4-0 have Celtic scored more at Ibrox. That score had not been bettered until the rout of their rivals this afternoon.
Today Rangers fans will feel wounded thinking they have been sent back to Victorian times.